Camping at Galveston Island State Park
There are a number of camping areas in Galveston Island State Park: three groups of campsites adjacent to the gulf beach, an overflow RV and trailer camping area on the bayside, and a small number of tent only sites (park map). You can reserve a campsite online or call 512-389-8900.
You should also be aware that Galveston Island State Park, being located along the Gulf of Mexico, is subject to tropical storms and hurricanes. The park does close when there is any predicted weather predicted.
There are 36 sites that face the Gulf beach. These sites are suitable for RV's and tents. There is 30 and 50 amp services available and water. Each site has a shade shelter, ground fire ring and picnic table. The site are situated along three loops; restrooms and showers located at loop one and three. The vegetation is sparse here and there is not much natural cover. Your camping experience in the busy summer season will include having neighboring campers in close proximity to you.
These sites are suitable for tents and RV's. 50 amp and 30 amp service is available with water. Sites have a shade shelter, picnic table and ground fire ring. Restrooms and showers available only in first and third loops. Only two vehicles allowed per site. An RV or trailer counts as one vehicle. All sites are back in sites. These sites are reservable.
These sites are $25 per night.
Bay Side Campsites
10 Tent Only campsites
No electricty at these sites. There is water, a picnic tables and ground fire rings for each site.
$15 per night
20 RV and Trailer campsites
There is water and 50 amp and 30 amp service. These sites are close together and has communal facilities. The pavilion provides shared picnic tables and shared ground fire rings. The restrooms are approximately 150 yards away and the shower facilities are on the beach side of park.
$20 per night
Here are some general rules and regulations. Check with the park and the Texas park system for more specifics (this website is not affiliated with the park or the Texas park system).
•CHECK IN: All campers are required to check in at the park headquarters before occupying a site.
• CHECK OUT time is 2 p.m. or you can pay for another night by 9 a.m. (pending site availability).
• A maximum of eight people are permitted at each campsite.
•QUIET TIME is from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
•Public consumption or display of an open container of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited.
•Guests must leave the park by 10 p.m.
• An excess parking fee is required at campsites with more than two vehicles. This includes trailers.
• Campsite must be kept clean; all trash must be picked up before you leave. Dumpsters are conveniently located on all camping loops.
• Only one unit per site is permitted to hook up to utilities.
• PETS - Pets Must be kept on a leash. Please pick up after them. No pets are allowed in buildings or in the screened shelter area.
• A valid permit required on windshield of each vehicle in the park. All vehicles must remain on the pavement.
• Numbered sites are for overnight camping only. No day use picnicking in the camping area.
• BEWARE of snakes – poisonous snakes are found within the park boundaries.
•FIREWOOD - You cannot gather firewood in the park.